Wednesday 25 September 2013

Richard Wentworth

London based artist Robert Wentworth  was a major focus in my traces project. The British Sculpture artist studied the notion of objects from day to day experiences. He transforms and manipulates everyday objects that e finds through the medium of photography. In this project 'Making do and Getting By' is based on his finding of these objects. I really find this project interesting as you do see the objects in a whole new light. He uses his photography skills as a new way of seeing which I find extremely interesting as it something I'm extremely interested in within the media of photography.

 In these two examples of images from this project iv mentioned, are the examples I'v shown here on the right. I find these quite humorous but extremely interesting at the same time. I love they are clearly found objects. The first image is one of my favorites from the entire exhibition as it high lights the council in a new light. how the spend money for something that's already there. this is an example of how he makes things seen differently threw the camera lens.

The second im age is a DIY something we don't know but can let or minds run on many possible ideas from kids using it with skate boards or bikes to Adults using it with maybe cars or a wheel barrow.

Over all Richard Wentwork is a artist im going to make myself very familiar with and im going to follow his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment