Wednesday 9 October 2013

Traces

Robert /Smithson Wrote an article on the journey he made that was inspired by something he read. The aim to this project was to make us look at things in a different way. Sean Lynch showed us something in the city which he believed in and it was fascinating to learn about how he saw things. We had to come up with a project surrounding these two situations and use either the dark room or the digital prints.

I decided to use the dark room because I wanted to use it as a learning experience. By doing this I learned a lot about my skills and about the accuracy of developing both the film and images that I didn't know before. The frustrating practice is a great experience, and even though I say it frustrates me I absolutely love it because you have to put in so much thought and accuracy compared to the digital camera.

I ideas were all over the place but I combined them in some way as the connected and were based all around the same place. I looked at a river walk and found really interesting things as I did. This made me want to look at the traces of people and how they eave things behind. I found things like buggy's in the rive and crosses on the ground. These interested me because there is some kind of a history in each item I was looking at.

My final 8 pieces are all based by me photographing the construction of an image by other people. I didn't move and of the object or subject, I moved myself to get the images I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment