Friday 11 October 2013

James Welling

James Welling is from Connecticut in the USA. He taught himself everything he knows from Knowing how to use a camera to developing and processing film and images.

 In his piece 'Oyster shells' I find the way it looks like something is being kept in. In my option it seems like maybe its expressing how we are kept out of places and how things are trapped away from us. This is something I'm trying to focus on with my 'Locks and Chains' dark room project.

I find my project connecting with this piece as i was trying to focus on what i see in the city. I feel, even if it wasn't Wellings idea, That he also shows in the piece what im trying to achieve by showing how things in the city are locked in and maybe there's a reason were locked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment